This festival is for filmmakers having talent, ingenuity, innovation and creativity. For making amazing films to inspire and move the whole world. Budget or no budget. The submitted film should be a genuine attempt to express something new and unique, personal or non-personal.
This mobile film festival is supported and propelled by Sandeep Marwah - The Father of International Cellphone Cinema Festival.
The International Mobile Film Festival India - IMFFINDIA
is the latest initiative by the fastest growing Global Content Bazar of India
a B2B content market for buying, selling distributing and syndicating of all sorts of content for all formats.
The motto is to encourage filmmakers of every hue and shade of any age and from all communities of the WORLD to share their stories and experiences shot on mobile devices know as smartphones. The Smartphones have become the most affordable and addictive devices to be experimented by amateur and professional Filmmakers alike.
Film making is life long commitment, a passion worth venturing into.
“In 10 years’ time mobile phones will be the only way to film.” said Oscar-winning director Claude Lelouch who’s movie “Les Plus Belles Années d’une Vie” (The Best Years of a Life) shot on a mobile phone was screened in Cannes Film Festival this year.
On 7th evening there will be a cocktail party for exhibitors, supporter and special invitees of Global Content Bazar and of the International Mobile Film Festival, where all the film makers and their cast and crew of award winning entries will receive awards and mementos.
FUTURE OF FILM MAKING
With an exploding and innovative technology in hand, it requires minimum training or experience to make purposeful and interesting films on mobile, opening up a whole new way of film making with limitless potential.
With mobile manufacturing companies now paying greater attention to making the photographic and videographic quality of mobile phone at par with good still and cinematographic cameras, the time has come to encourage all keen and enthusiastic film makers to use the mobile phones to create good artistic and meaningful cinema.
With all the Camera accessories manufacturers also paying great attention to making available professionals attachments for serious mobile phone film makers, it a thumbs up situation for the International Mobile Film Festival India.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR IMFFINDIA 2000
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The festival is open to all natural and creatively capable persons of all ages.
Participation is not bound to a particular domicile or country. The whole WORLD is WELCOME.
MOBILE SHORT FILM CATEGORY
Short Film Competition - 00:60 seconds (1 minute) to 10:00 minutes including credits.
Submissions for Short Mobile Film competition OPEN August 1st 2019 - CLOSE December 31, 2019
MOBILE FEATURE FILM CATEGORY
Length: Feature films must be no shorter than 60 minutes and no longer than 90 minutes (1hr. 30min.), including intro and end credits.
Submissions for the Feature Mobile Film competition OPEN August 1st 2019 - CLOSE December 31, 2019.
• Not more than three mobile feature films out of all the submissions will eventually be selected initially by the jury to finally compete for an exclusive mobile feature film award. Filmmaker must be present at the festival to receive the award. All the selected films will be screened at the World Trade Centre, Mumbai, India.
• Films must be lucid cinematic presentations. Good quality and full 1080HD. Films must be shot with smartphones only in minimum High Definition and look good on a big screen. Any media not owned by the filmmaker must be fully licensed for distribution.
• The festival organisers may need you to mail a USB drive with your film, if requested at your own cost.
Get ready for 2 exciting days, full of screenings, conference filled with talks having the motto of how to make money with moving images. Make sure to keep visiting our website to keep yourself updated.
The event is sponsored by iCMEi - International Chamber of Media & Entertainment Industry and powered by AIAI - All India Association of Industry.
Please READ RULES before submitting your film project.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR IMFFINDIA 2020:
• Only one film can be submitted by one film maker.
• One prize per film will be given regardless of the number of people credited.
• Films which are been part of other festivals are welcome.
• Films that have been broadcast on television in or currently screening on the Internet are not eligible for consideration for Awards/Prizes in this Festival
No restrictions. But let it be a moving story, an emotion journey a challenging concept explode in-depth and without any prejudice against anything whatsoever.
No restrictions. From low-to-no budget or a million. Choice is yours.
English subtitle is a must if films containing spoken language(s) other than English.
Open to all artists/film makers/ film enthusiasts and anyone who considers his moving images can move people from all over the WORLD.
• Age, race or ethnicity, community, sex or country no bar.
• Vulgar, offensive, porn, nudity or extreme violence are not allowed.
• Only films which are shot on minimum 1080HD resolution are eligible.
• Any software to edit video and audio as well as colour correction or special effects is allowed.
FILMS MUST BE SHOT BY MOBILE PHONE VIDEO CAMERAS ONLY. All other production equipment, lights, cranes, dollies, etc. are allowed.
We prefer (.mp4) (.mov) files. FULL QUALITY (1080HD) video in widescreen format for submission.
• By submitting media to this festival, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the terms and conditions of this festival.
• Affiliates, employees, interns, contractors, & subsidiaries are ineligible to participate.
• We have beautiful trophies for the winners who ATTEND the red carpet award ceremony in Mumbai - India in the evening of the final day of the film festival which will be 7th February 2020.
• Apart from Trophies, prizes for IMFFINDIA 2020
include laurels, certificate, promotions and more ! Updates to information will be on our website www.imffindia.com or www.globalcontentbazar.com
PROOF OF SHOOTING WITH THE MOBILE PHONE:
• Footage Proof (your film will be disqualified if not submitted)
• Minimum 30-second of raw footage (or more if requested) used in the final cut of the film, uncut and unedited for the full duration of 30 seconds or longer for short films up to duration of 10 minutes and minimum 3 minutes for feature films of duration 1 hour and above.
• Behind-The-Scene (BTS) Photos / Videos of various SCENES to prove that the project was shot on mobile phone/s is absolutely a MUST.
THIRD-PARTY music, images & photos or graphics in your video are unacceptable, except having official and proper permission for use submitted along with the entry.
Qualification does not ensure selection. No reason will be given as to why your qualifying film was not selected as is customary in all competitions and festivals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• By submitting your mobile film (“Film”) to International Mobile Film Festival India (IMFFINDIA2020),
you accept and agree that you grant IMFFINDIA
or its partners and sponsors a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive rights and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, screen, broadcast and distribute the Film, as well as the unrestricted use of the Film for any purpose, without compensation to the provider/producer of the Film.
• By entering the festival, entrants acknowledge, agree and declare that they are aware that their participation is entirely at their own risk and that they hereby waive, surrender and relinquish in favour of IMFFINDIA
all claims of any nature and howsoever arising (including as a result of negligence) which but for this waiver, surrender and relinquishment they may or otherwise have against IMFFINDIA
either directly or indirectly arising out of their participation in the Festival.
• By entering the Festival, Entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Any Entrants who have supplied incomplete, inaccurate or fraudulent information may be automatically disqualified. IMFFINDIA
reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if IMFFINDIA
has reasonable grounds to believe that an Entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions or has tampered with the festival process. Failure by IMFFINDIA
to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the festival does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
FILM SUBMISSION RULES
• NO ENTRY FEE REQUIRED
• Submission will be accepted via FilmFreeway only. Please click the following link for film submission.
After primary selection you will be notified to submit the following documents:
• ALL TO BE SUBMITTED VIA FilmFreeway
• Final Film
• Film Poster / Publicity Design
• Submission Form
• Short Biography and photograph of the Director
• Synopsis of Film - max. 200 words
• Part Raw Footage Proof (See Rules & Regulations)
• Behind the scenes proof that the film was shot on a mobile phone, including video of making of the film.
ALL FILMS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IN HIGH QUALITY DIGITAL FORMAT.
• All submissions without exception, short or feature films must use the “IMFFINDIA 2020” video logo in the beginning, which can be downloaded from FilmFreeway site.
• YOU MUST ANSWER AND RESPOND TO ALL EMAILS TO STAY IN THE COMPETITION OF THE FESTIVAL or you risk being disqualified. Also once you register for the Global Content Bazar you will get information emails of the Bazar as well as the Festival.
• The judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding film selections and prize winners.